- UK Queen Elizabeth II Proof Sovereign Portrait 4 Gold Coin Collection consists of 4 full Sovereigns dated;
- 1957 The First Sovereign featuring a Portrait of QEII by Mary Gillick
1981 Second Portrait by Arnold Machin
1995 Third Portrait by Raphael Maklouf
2004 Fourth Portrait by Ian Rank-Broadley
The obverse of these coins bears the different age portraits of Her Majesty the Queen, whilst the shared reverse depicts the famous St. George and the Dragon design.
Modern British sovereigns have been struck both at the Royal Mint and at branch mints since 1817.
The gold sovereign is one of Britain’s most famous coins, the first of which was minted in 1489 by King Henry VII, due to its long history it is considered by many as the flagship coin of the Royal Mint.
Limited issue of 270 Sets.
The 1957 Sovereign is struck to a bullion quality.
The photographs show the exact Item you will receive.
- Each coin weighs 7.98g and are struck in 22ct gold, equalling 7.32g of Fine Gold Content
- Minted by The Royal Mint
- VAT Free and Capital Gains Tax Exempt
- The coins are struck to Proof quality (apart from the 1957 issue).
- Each coin has a diameter of 22.05mm and a thickness of 1.52mm
Write a review and let shoppers know what you think of this product.