- UK Queen Elizabeth II Sovereign First & Latest Gold Coin Collection consists of 2 full Sovereigns dated;
- 1957- First Sovereign and Portrait featuring QEII by Mary Gillick
2020 - Fifth Portrait Jody Clark
Coins are housed in a genuine Royal Mint box and are accompanied with coin specific certificates
The obverse of the 1957 sovereign bears the first portrait of Her Majesty the Queen to feature on a gold sovereign this sovereign also features the one off finer edge milling, the 2020 Sovereign is the most latest release, whilst the shared reverse depicts the famous St. George and the Dragon design.
Modern British sovereigns have been struck both at the Royal Mint and at branch mints since 1817.
The gold sovereign is one of Britain’s most famous coins, the first of which was minted in 1489 by King Henry VII, due to its long history it is considered by many as the flagship coin of the Royal Mint.
The 1957 & 2020 Sovereign are struck to a bullion quality.
The photographs show the exact Item you will receive.
- Each coin weighs 7.98g and are struck in 22ct gold, equalling 7.32g of Fine Gold Content
- Minted by The Royal Mint
- VAT Free and Capital Gains Tax Exempt
- Each coin has a diameter of 22.05mm and a thickness of 1.52mm
Write a review and let shoppers know what you think of this product.
|Gold sovereign type||Queen Elizabeth II Gold Sovereign Portrait Set|